Qlik is a leader in visual analytics. Its portfolio of products meets customers' growing needs from reporting and self-service visual analysis to guided, embedded and custom analytics. Approximately 40,000 customers rely on Qlik solutions to gain meaning out of information from varied sources, exploring the hidden relationships within data that lead to insights that ignite good ideas.
Qlik is looking for a Solutions Architect - Qlik@Qlik IT for our Raleigh office. Open to other east coast locations (Radnor, Newton, New York). Are you an advanced QlikView or Qlik Sense server expert who loves architecture, use the product in the newest and most innovative way possible? Then do we have the right job for you! We here at Qlik@Qlik IT need a happy-go-lucky optimist to help us create some really cool things using all our Qlik products. You will be working in a super smart, really fun team that manages the extraction and aggregation of data for over 40 external source systems and administering the environments that make our department the poster child of how to use Qlik. So if you like troubleshooting, problem solving and generally having an all-round good time with some new friends then we need someone like you.
The Architect role is responsible for the administration, monitoring, testing, securing and implementation of all QlikView and Sense Server Environments that is hosted by IT.
* Manage the IT QlikView and Qlik Sense and provide 3rd Line support to resolve issues.
* Suggest, design and plan improvements, maintenance and upgrades for the global QlikView & Sense server environments and connectivity between business-critical systems and services, working closely with the Business, Infrastructure, Systems, Demo, Web and Helpdesk teams.
* Manage vendors to ensure we receive acceptable performance per SLA.
* Liaise with relevant stakeholders to ensure accurate requirements, testing and deployment of changes to rigorous change-control, per key Metrics and SLAs.
* Design and Build High Availability, Redundant, Resilient, Backed-up, Monitored and appropriately Documented and Supported Qlik solutions, in-house, in data centers or using Cloud-based IaaS, PaaS or SaaS services, as appropriate, to incorporate relevant standards or regulatory requirements.
* Plan and participate in regular Security audit of the global QlikView & Sense Server environments, with recommendations and plans to fix issues and publication of Security standards.
* Create documentation of the global QlikView & Sense Server estate to maintain Topology, Service Catalog, Policies and Procedures (including Change Control workflow) and develop good-practice standards for design/implementation/operation of Qlik Server environments globally.
* Continually monitor Capacity Planning process to ensure IT resources can support, scale and adapt to demands of the business and IS users.
* Work with and facilitate IT and Business groups from project inception to advise on appropriate approaches and define requirements.
* Work closely with Products and R&D groups to ensure QlikView & Sense Deployments are always world class environments adhering to known best practices.
* Bachelor equivalent or relevant experience.
* Architecture – QlikView deployment architecture experience
* Architecture – Qlik Sense deployment architecture experience
* Knowledge and ability to articulate data layers (semantic and physical) and how they contribute to BI successes
* Windows Server architecture proficiency
* Proficient at server deployment in a clustered environment
* Amazon Web Services knowledge
* Project Management skills
* Microsoft Certified Architect (MCA) certifications – Exchange Server, SQL Server, Windows Server: Active Directory
* AWS Solutions Architect – Associate Certification
* Ability in SQL, JS, Web technologies
* Experience with storage area networks
* Technical hands-on designing, implementing, testing and supporting Servers, working with TCP/IP protocols
* Adept at Requirements definition and documentation
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.