OSI Group, LLC, a food processing company, provides food products and solutions for the food industry. It supplies beef, pork, bacon and sausage, poultry and seafood, as well as vegetable, dough, fruit, and cheese based products. The company’s manufacturing facilities are located in the Americas, Europe, and the Asia Pacific zones. OSI Group, LLC was founded in 1909 as Otto Kolschwsky Meat Market and changed its name to Otto & Sons in 1928.
As Supply Chain Specialist, you are responsible for sourcing and ordering ingredients or supplies necessary for all production at assigned facilities or for assigned product categories that meet established organization quality, cost and timing needs. Serves as primary company representative with vendors in assigned area of responsibility.
* Working with facility, sales, quality and product development staff, identify qualifying vendors and make recommendations to management within established criteria. Engage with customers during product development phase or when issues arise as subject matter expert with regards to ingredient supply.
* Manage vendor relationship by working with vendor representatives on quality, cost and delivery issues or new product needs; resolving simple to moderately complex issues while referring complex issues to next higher level.
* Review vendor contracts to ensure that contracts meet established organization standards; referring new or varied contracts for further legal review.
* Develop and recommend alternate sourcing strategies and vendors for use when primary vendor fails due to a variety of circumstances; decision to implement alternate source to be made by next higher level.
* Research and analyze pricing variances and develop and recommend action plans to ensure most favorable pricing under changing economic, availability, and production need circumstances.
* Identify external price and market indices for use in measuring internal buying, supplier performance, and market trends. Track internal and external data, develop performance reports, and prepare performance reports according to a routine schedule.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor’s degree in Agribusiness, Food Science, Economics, or related field or equivalent analytic ability, written and verbal communication skills, and purchasing skills acquired through working.
* Thorough understanding of protein supply chains and their impact on organization needs.
* Thorough understanding of the food manufacturing process and the role of supply chain within that process.
* Ability to build effective relationships with individuals at all levels of the internal organization and external vendors and customers.
* Ability to influence and persuade where no direct authority exists.
* Ability to present information and proposals to an audience.
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.