OSI Group, LLC, a food processing company, provides food products and solutions for the food industry. It supplies beef, pork, bacon and sausage, poultry and seafood, as well as vegetable, dough, fruit, and cheese based products. The company’s manufacturing facilities are located in the Americas, Europe, and the Asia Pacific zones. OSI Group, LLC was founded in 1909 as Otto Kolschwsky Meat Market and changed its name to Otto & Sons in 1928.
Responsible for administering programs, training and audits related to sanitation practices targeted at eliminating microbiological issues and processing lethality.
* Conducts Sanitation Policy Audits and Sanitary Design Audits and needed follow-up, identifying area for sanitation quality improvements based on audit results.
* Implements company-wide sanitation programs, policies and practices related to microbiological issues or processing lethality based on audit results. Engages plant quality and operational staff to ensure successful program adoption or works with Corporate Engineering to resolve issues relating to processing equipment.
* Provides research, guidance and technical support to internal and external customers in the areas of microbiology, general food science, quality assurance practices (both general and proprietary) and food safety as relating to sanitation processes.
* Provides technical assistance to plant quality assurance personnel and sanitation to solve cleaning and microbiological issues, to assist in the continuous improvement of Sanitation crew effectiveness and performance, and verifying environmental sampling plans during structural or construction changes. Includes collaborative initiatives to develop and maintain training and resource material.
* Maintains the written Corporate Sanitation Policy Manual by updating policies and procedures and disseminating as applicable.
* Analyzes micro performance for Listeria monitoring programs and pre-operational results on a weekly basis taking appropriate action when results fail to meet specified expectations.
* Serves as sanitation quality liaison to a variety of external individuals including customer Sanitation experts during third party audits or other customer visits where plant sanitation is evaluated, sanitation vendors and third party sanitation service providers.
* Develop and maintain contacts within the meat industry in order to maintain the latest and most current information on the state of food safety, industry direction and food sanitation issues that affect the operations of the Company.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* BS in microbiology, food science, animal science or related field required.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Two to five years in managing quality in a meat or food processing environment
* Thorough knowledge of HACCP, food safety and GMP principles.
* Ability to travel a minimum of 50%
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.