Quantitative Researcher and Developer
Job Posting Details
Optiver’s story began over 30 years ago, when we started business as a single trader on the floor of Amsterdam’s options exchange. Today, we are at the forefront of trading and technology as a leading global electronic market maker, focused on pricing, execution and risk management. With over 1,000 employees globally and over 200 in our Chicago office, our mission to improve the market unites us.
Optiver's Automated Trading Systems (ATS) Research team continually improves our core derivatives pricing and parameter models. We are expanding this team by adding quantitative researchers and software developers. ATS Research works with Optiver's traders to create and improve our pricing models, volatility surfaces, yield curves, and other quantitative aspects in our automated trading systems. ATS researchers and developers work together closely, applying modelling and mathematical problem solving skills to create unique solutions, test those solutions with Optiver's historical pricing parameters and market data, and modify various parts of our trading system to allow traders to evaluate experimental models in the real world.
* Builds and updates option pricing models, volatility surfaces, yield curves, and a variety of other financial models.
* Helps traders with quantitative aspects of automating their trading.
* Works closely with developers and traders to discuss, test, and implement ideas.
* Liaise and share ideas and best practices with research teams in our other offices.
* A graduate degree or higher in mathematics, physics, statistics, computer science, or a related field.
* Experience using Matlab, R, python, or other analytical tools for quantitative research.
* Experience analyzing large data sets.
* Strong fundamental research, analytical, valuation and modeling skills.
* Hands on programming experience in any programming language.
* Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment authorization for this job opening.
Compensation and Working Conditions
Additional Notes on Compensation
25 days paid vacation, paid commuting expenses , ttractive bonus structure, training opportunities, generous 401K company match, fully paid health insurance premiums, free catered breakfast, lunch, snacks and beverages daily.