Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: OXY) is an international oil and gas exploration and production company with operations in the United States, Middle East region and Latin America. Headquartered in Houston, Occidental is one of the largest U.S. oil and gas companies, based on equity market capitalization. Occidental's midstream and marketing segment gathers, processes, transports, stores, purchases and markets hydrocarbons and other commodities in support of Occidental's businesses.
* Mobile development experience is a huge plus, with skillset around the following technologies being desired: Xamarin, PhoneGap, Ionic Framework, iOS Swift / Objective-C.
* Position is required to enhance, maintain and support current in – house developed applications that are in production. Position will also be challenged to create a production application support model.
* Enhancements will be made using company’s defined technology stack. Position is needed to work with a variety of technologies ranging from sophisticated ASP.NET MVC/Web API applications to process intensive backend ETL windows services. Candidate could be expected to also participate with new mobile and web development projects.
* Other duties as required.
**Education and Skills**
* Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent Technology degree.
* Years of experience: Minimum 2 years of C# and web development experience in a professional environment.
* Database skills: SQL, Data modeling, Oracle
* Mobile development technologies: Xamarin, Ionic Framework, PhoneGap, iOS Swift / Objective-C
* Client side framework: Durandal JS, Kendo UI, Angular JS, Ember JS, Breeze JS.
* Server side framework: ASP.NET MVC, Webform, Telerik Controls, Entity Framework, Dapper, Web API, Linq.
* Soft Skills: Problem solver, Pragmatic, Task oriented, Proactive & Self-starter. Good communication skills and team player (with users & other developers).
* Other – ability to work and support several applications at the same time (multi-tasking).
* Other – ability to present status updates (written and verbal) on weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
**Additional Desired Qualifications (list in priority order):**
* Certifications – Other client or server side framework certifications.
* Other Experience – Ideal candidate would have worked in Oil & Gas industry although not necessary.
* Other Skills – Ideal candidate has or has had experience working with Integrations (i.e. BizTalk or other tools).
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.