Northwestern Mutual?has been helping families and businesses achieve financial security for 160 years. Through a distinctive, whole-picture planning approach including both insurance and investments, we empower people to be financially confident. We combine the expertise of our financial professionals with a personalized digital experience and leading-edge technology to best serve our clients.
The Senior User Experience Designer is a user-centered designer who can think through complex features and flows, balance user needs and business needs, and make the complex feel simple. This designer will work under the guidance of a more senior UX designer, while still having ownership over his or her work. The Senior UX Designer will follow an an iterative design process to wireframe, prototype, and validate design ideas. This person understands established design patterns, and knows when to follow them and when to break them. This personal know how to leverage qualitative and quantitative research insights to inform design decisions, and how to design an MVP with a longer term vision in mind.
The Senior UX Designer is responsible for establishing a systematic interaction design language across systems and platforms, and will help define and drive the future of Northwestern Mutual product experience.
* A self-starter who is user-focused, detailed, and solutions-oriented.
* Basic knowledge of the fundamentals—user-centered design, visual design, brand development, and how products are put together.
* An extreme passion for understanding the user, and a strong communicator of the user’s perspective throughout the design process.
* An understanding that UX is more than just UI, but includes all user-centered design activities from research, concepting, flows, sitemaps wireframes, prototypes, annotations, and more.
* Working knowledge of design and prototyping tools, such as Photoshop, Sketch, Illustrator, Invision and anything else needed to get the job done.
* A strong online portfolio available for viewing.
Apply to Northwestern Mutual (Senior User Experience Designer)
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.