For more than 100 years, Purina has been revolutionizing pet food production, and its ability to enrich the lives of pets everywhere. By 1956, we began mastering new production techniques and literally reshaped pet care, introducing Dog Chow® as the first extruded dry food. We’re still at it today, with Tidy Cats®, the lightweight cat litter champion of the world and the leader in our category.
Our Product Supply Team is seeking a Packaging Equipment Specialist, who will be a subject matter expert and uphold a safety-first mindset as you set out to help manage all packaging equipment for our wet and dry factories in order to eliminate unplanned stoppages within the product packaging arena. The team will depend on you to develop and implement a preventive and predictive maintenance program to improve the performance of all packaging equipment including packers, labelers and palletizers. You’ll work closely with factory workers, including operators and maintenance mechanics, while collaborating with our Technical Applications Group (TAG), Product Technology Center (PTC) and Co-Manufacturing groups in North America. Prepare to have your hands in everything involving packaging equipment, which includes appearance, operation, maintenance, and inspections.
* Develop and implement a complete Preventive Maintenance program including inspection procedures and plans to eliminate minor stops, jamming, break downs, and unplanned stoppages for all labeling, packaging, bundling, pelletizing and other finished product/package handling equipment
* Coach and help all plants on instituting proper and effective Preventive Maintenance programs for the packaging
* Make the necessary changes in design and systems to eliminate the jamming of the machines
* Help develop One Point Lessons (OPLs), Standards and Standard Routines for all packaging equipment and facilitate training of all supervisors, operators, and mechanics on all 3 shifts to run the machines efficiently and effectively
* Incorporate Clean/Inspect/Lubricate (CIL) principles when working with operators and maintenance personnel and 5S the areas around all packaging equipment
* Coach and train plants in executing Go, See, Think, Do methodology to eliminate unplanned stoppages
* High school diploma or GED equivalent
* High School Diploma or GED equivalent
* 5+ years of experience working with multiple types of packaging equipment and systems in the consumer products industry or military environment
* 3+ years of leadership and/or coaching experience
Able and willing to travel 75% of the time.
Opportunity to work remotely.
Apply to Nestlé Purina PetCare Company (Packaging Equipment Specialist)
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.