The world's leading market intelligence agency.Our expert analysis of the highest quality data and market research will help you grow your business.Market intelligence is what sets us apart and what defines us as a brand literally in fact: when the company was founded in 1972 it took its name from an amalgamation of the two words.
We are looking for a User Interface (UI) Designer to lead and implement user interface design across the suite of Mintel’s US products. Reporting to the Head of US Product Development, this position will be responsible for all design related to online user interfaces. The ultimate goal of the position is to deliver Mintel’s insight to our users through simple, intuitive, effective and state-of-the-art web design.
* Work collaboratively with product management and engineering to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals and experience
* Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering
* Utilize web analytics data, consumer insights, market research, and proven user-centered design principles in the creation of user interface designs
* Assess and optimize the performance of new and existing features by actively participating in usability testing and interpreting analytics data
* Assist to define, maintain and enforce user interface design best practices and standards
* Create conceptual designs and oversee the development of working prototypes
* Proactively review, refine, and recommend new user experience concepts across multiple web sites and mobile
* User Interface design experience with Web applications (Mobile is a plus)
* Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design, UI Design or other related field
* Proven UI experience with a strong portfolio
* Proficiency in Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver or other visual design and wire-framing tools
* Excellent visual design skills with a high sensitivity to user-system interaction
* Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to various stakeholders
* Proven experience in developing responsive and adaptive web design
* Solid understanding of current mobile and desktop patterns
* Experience with prototyping, conceptual design, UI specifications
* Ability to make strong recommendations based on industry trends, consumer research, business needs and technical feasibility/difficulty
* Excellent communication (verbal and presentational) interpersonal skills along with the ability to collaborate across multiple business units
* High performance under pressure and in adherence to deadlines with a quality output
* Practical experience working in a Scrum/Agile environment desired
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.