LiveLike is a Virtual Reality (VR) platform company that enables broadcasters and sports teams to deliver immersive, live sports viewing experiences. We have developed a sports viewing platform that leverages the immersive nature of VR to bring the thrill of game-day stadium experiences into fans’ living rooms.
With our VR technology right at the cross-section of mobile and video, it only seems natural that adding a master of both to our team would be our next step. With an ever-increasing amount of content on our horizon, having someone who can optimize our mobile engineering workflow and innovate our video streaming capabilities is a must. Though the task is not small, we’re looking for someone willing to dive headfirst into this challenge, enabling us to come out on top.
* Implement cutting-edge video features such as:
* Live DVR
* Metadata sync
* Cross-client sync
* Efficient multi-video playback
Instantaneous multi-angle view switching
**You will also:**
* Own, upgrade, and build our native mobile video players
* Work with back-end engineers and front-end Unity devs to design, test, and integrate functionality
* 4+ years of mobile video development experience.
* Experience in iOS (Objective C + Swift) & Android (Java).
* Deep knowledge of HLS & DASH streaming protocols.
* You know how to build and optimize native video players.
* Bonus: Experience in at least one of these video players: AvFoundation, Android MediaPlayer, or ExoPlayer
* Bonus: Experience with building live streaming apps at scale.
* Bonus: Experience with video codecs.
* You're not afraid to be the central knowledge base for all things Mobile + Video.
* Excited to ramp up into new technologies (Unity3D).
* Insatiable hunger for all things VR & AR.
* A unbridled passion for VR, sports, gaming, food, otters, or anything really. We appreciate passion…
* You understand the “No-Assholes” policy.
* You’re not afraid of an honest, open, and respectful work environment.
* Enjoy long walks on the beach, extended games of Rocket League, and bug bashing sessions.