Kmart, a wholly owned subsidiary of Sears Holdings Corporation (NASDAQ: SHLD), is a mass merchandising company and part of Shop Your Way®, a social shopping experience where members have the ability to earn points and receive benefits across a wide variety of physical and digital formats through shopyourway.com. Kmart offers customers quality products through a portfolio of exclusive brands that include Adam Levine, Nicki Minaj, Jaclyn Smith, Joe Boxer, Route 66 and Smart Sense.
Provides ‘World Class’ Member Service by surprising and delighting our members every day. Ensures basic and seasonal replenishment and merchandising and operational programs are established and maintained to improve sales and profitability in one or more department(s). Works in conjunction with the Department Lead in maintaining merchandise assortments and pricing integrity.
* Ensures customer care and selling are #1 priority
* Knows the store, services and location of merchandise. Tours area of responsibility and maintains visual appearance of department
* Makes eye contact, smiles and greets all customers that come within 10 feet. Demonstrates ‘take the customer to the merchandise’ policy. Assists in handling and solving customer needs, issues or complaints
* Demonstrates strong skill set in suggestive selling techniques
* Ensures that promotional programs and Ads are maintained, signed and replenished for the entire event or ad
* Checks discounted clearance merchandise weekly and ensure that items are properly ticketed
* Supports all pricing, signing and display guidelines set by the pricing team
* Supports all layouts and unit integrity as set by the Data Integrity team
* Meets or exceeds the daily and hourly sales goals established for the department
* Supports Counter Detail Program
* Uses visual merchandising presentation to drive sales and maximize gross margin dollars
* Maintains unit integrity and pricing accuracy to prevent waste
* Keeps up to date on product knowledge, trends and seasonality that impacts assortment and merchandising
* Understands basic apparel standards in regards to rack and wall merchandising, colors, styles and signing
* Processes inbound freight and organizes per instructions
* Strong reading, writing, verbal, and arithmetic skills
* Ability to lift and move merchandise, typically a minimum of 20lbs., but could be as much as 100lbs.
* Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions
* Repetitive bending, lifting, stretching and reaching
* Positive and friendly demeanor. Ability to be cross trained
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.