IMO aims to develop, manage, and license medical terminology and healthcare IT software applications that allow 80% of US clinicians to capture their clinical intent at the point-of-care. Our terminology is crafted by doctors and certified coders to bridge the gap between what physicians have in their heads and technology they use in their office.
The objective of the DevOps Engineer is to manage, monitor, and maintain IMO hosting systems and hosted applications, as well as to ensure system availability and performance complies with Global Hosting Operations’ expectations and standards. The Hosting Systems DevOps Engineer will have a strong focus on understanding and proactively addressing current hosting needs as well as planning for future capacity, security and availability of hosted infrastructure and applications. This job requires excellent analytical skills and attention to detail, it also requires the candidate to have strong interpersonal and cross-departmental communication skills. Self-motivation and ability to learn quickly is essential.
* Manage, monitor and maintain IMO’s hosting systems infrastructure throughout Rackspace, AWS, and colocation data centers.
* Become Subject Matter Expert on delivering IMO software products for external clients.
* Assist the Manager of Global Hosting Operations in the selection, implementation and operation of network and system monitoring/reporting tools and applications.
* Build and maintain high availability (HA) environments.
* Collaborate with internal stakeholders and 3rd party vendors to produce consistent and reliable product releases.
* Manage scripts regarding release automation and internal procedures.
* Provide detailed status reports to ITS management on assigned projects in a timely manner.
* Provide ongoing support for hosted systems and applications.
* Implement changes into production environments to support release automation, change management and release scheduling.
* Collaborate with internal resources to ensure infrastructure performs to expected service level agreements.
* Provide support to customers experiencing technical issues with hosted applications.
* Lead and coordinate efforts during a production outage, and work with other internal teams on root cause analysis and resolution.
**Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:**
* Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent education.
* Minimum 3 - 5 years of experience working in Information Technology with a focus on production infrastructure and web hosting.
* Minimum 1 - 3 years of experience with Amazon Web Services.
* Strong knowledge of network and web technologies (DNS, DHCP, IIS).
* Strong knowledge of Windows systems administration.
* Strong knowledge of Windows PowerShell/batch scripting.
* Demonstrate a solid understanding of HA architecture, server security and web protocols.
* AWS SysOps Administrator - Associate certification or higher is a plus.
* Experience with VMware vSphere is preferred.
**Personal Skills and Competencies:**
* Must have excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Strong interpersonal skills.
* High level of commitment to customer service and teamwork.
* Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
* Self‐motivated and task driven.
* Ability to think logically and to resolve problems.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment and make critical decisions based on experience and direction of other team members.
* Ability to acquire new skills quickly and to meet deadlines.
Apply to Intelligent Medical Objects (DevOps Engineer)
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.