Inductive Automation produces software that reduces frustration and increases efficiency in the industrial automation market. Our software facilitates the instant accessibility of meaningful information throughout the enterprise. We begin by listening, then acting on what we hear to inject innovation and unprecedented value into the industry.
This position is focused on implementing and maintaining network protocols for communicating with industrial controllers (PLCs, RTUs, etc…) as well as the system responsible for bridging data from those implementations into the Ignition platform. Responsibilities include new feature and protocol development as well as the maintenance and enhancement of existing functionality.
* Work with software engineering team to help guide direction and design of future releases
* Implement new features and changes with an eye for security, reliability, and performance
* Help maintain software by fixing issues identified by support and QA teams
* Perform complex and precise troubleshooting to pinpoint root causes for reported issues
* Participate in agile development process (SCRUM)
* Perform code reviews to help verify changes made by other developers
* Follow Java and object-oriented design industry best practices
* B.S. in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
* Minimum 5 years of programming experience
* Strong Java 8 skills
* Experience writing server and networking code
* Experience writing highly concurrent multithreaded code
* Modern toolchain and source control familiarity, e.g. Maven/Gradle and Git/Hg
* Excellent communication skills
* Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
**Skills Not Required, But a Plus**
* Experience with OPC Classic or OPC UA
* Experience with industrial automation fieldbuses or protocols such as Modbus, EtherNet/IP, Omron FINS, Siemens S7, Emerson/Fisher ROC, ABB Totalflow (DB/DB2), etc
* Experience with PLCs and/or PLC programming
* Any other relevant experience in industrial automation
Apply to Inductive Automation (Senior Software Engineer)
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.