IDEO is a global design and innovation consultancy firm. Some of their clients include Procter & Gamble, Pepsi, Microsoft , Nokia , Intel, Eli Lilly, Samsung , and Steelcase.
We are in search for a mid-level Software Engineer to manage relationships with our corporate clients and individual users of Creative Difference.
Our Design for Change studios Product Team, based out of our San Francisco office, is looking to scale up its engineering on the Creative Difference product team to streamline the product, iterate on features, and improve the customer experience. It is a small team with a big goal.
* Build on existing codebase to implement new features, fix bugs, and extend the codebase
* Work on full application stack: front-end marketing site, front-end user application, back-end API, administration, and data modeling and querying
* Work with data analyst to help support their data needs
* Work closely with product owner and team to uncover new customer needs, prioritize tasks, and implement and launch new features
* Collaborate with other developers via code reviews and occasional pair programming
* Collaborate with IDEOs talented design team to help shape new features
* 5+ years experience working on production quality software in a team environment
* 3+ years experience working on production quality Ruby on Rails apps
* Fluency and comfort working with databases (data modeling, SQL, optimization)
* Fluency and comfort with automated testing (we use Rspec + Capybara)
* Fluency and comfort working with Git
* A passion for readable, extensible, beautiful code.
**Above and Beyond**
* BS / MS in computer science or related engineering field
* Diving in, understanding, and building on existing codebases is easy
* Taking user feedback, synthesizing user needs, and bringing them to a feature list, design, and implementation is second nature
* Interest in Big Data technologies - Hadoop, Apache Spark, MADLib, etc
* Going from coding to a brainstorm then diving back into code is the perfect day
* Contributing to great visual design alongside world-class designers sounds blissful
* You're excited to be at IDEO, learn more about Design Thinking, and work amongst super creative people
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.