Community Outreach Specialist
(California, United States)
Job Posting Details
About HIP Housing
HIP Housing is nonprofit agency specializing in creative affordable housing solutions throughout San Mateo
County. Founded in 1972, HIP Housing benefits from an exceptional staff, well-established programs and
financial stability. HIP Housing’s programs are nationally recognized and have been highlighted in Newsweek,
USA Today, Metropolitan Home and on the Oprah Winfrey Show.
As part of HIP Housing’s effort to better coordinate our marketing and program efforts, we are seeking a passionate, self-motivated professional to join our team as Community Outreach Specialist. Individuals considered for this position will demonstrate talent for building robust community relationships and be able to convey passion for the work of the agency in both oral and written formats. Equally important, this position requires a good working knowledge of social media management and web based technologies.
The Community Outreach Specialist will work closely with the Home Sharing and the Development teams as well as the Board of Directors’ Marketing Committee to create consistent and creative messaging in support program efforts.
This includes implementing program outreach and creating strategies for growing the base of home sharing home providers while also managing the HIP Housing online and social media presence.
The right candidate will be organized and have strong public speaking and presentation skills with a willingness to work collaboratively with staff. In addition, the right candidate will be excellent at creating and implementing targeted messaging for our social media and web presence. This position requires some weekend and evening presentations but also features flexible workweek scheduling.
Home Sharing Program Outreach (70%)
- Implement ideas generated from the large scale marketing campaign
- Conduct presentations at City Councils meetings, community service organizations, community fairs and other public forums in support of outreach efforts
- Visit libraries, religious organizations, senior centers, community centers, City buildings and other sites to provide program brochures, flyers, and calendars.
- Visit local businesses to post information on bulletin boards, break rooms, and in office windows
- Answer questions from business owners or others about how HIP Housing’s programs help their employees, customers, and the larger community
- Develop links and shared content opportunities with other local agencies
- Help to coordinate outreach mailings
- Help with follow-up calls to clients
- In collaboration with the Associate Director, research new opportunities for outreach.
Agency-wide Social Media (30%)
- Update and manage agency’s social media and website presence (i.e., facebook, website, etc.)
- Be responsible for creating content and posting announcements, ads, on a variety of social media and web based sites
- Manage Google Ads campaign
- Research and make recommendations for implementing emerging new social media tools
- Train staff and Board on the "how to's" of social media tools as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution or equivalent preferred but not required
- 2-3 years experience in similar field
- Ability to work independently while remaining engaged in a strong, mutually respectful team
- Clear, friendly and professional public speaking manner
- Excellent writing skills
- Comfortable approaching businesses and community partners about posting information at their sites
- Willingness to work weekends and/or evenings
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Access), social media networks, WordPress, and Google AdWords.
- Knowledge of Photoshop and layout software a plus.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and prioritize.
- Must have own vehicle and provide car insurance
- Must be able to lift 30-35 lbs.
Compensation and Working Conditions
||Associate Exec Director, Special Events Director
Additional Notes on Compensation
- Full-time, entry-level, exempt position
$45,000 depending upon experience
- Excellent benefits package including: PTO, medical, dental, vision and employer profit sharing and matched pension plan (5%)
- Flexible scheduling