Hayneedle is one of the nation’s largest online retailers, offering more than 3,000 brands and millions of products for the home. Hayneedle is on a mission to fill every home with joy, one perfect find at a time.
- Must be able to follow technical requirements when provided to implement new applications.
- Documents code changes to help other developers understand the changes being made.
- Create user documentation when needed for new applications.
- Help troubleshoot issues when appropriate.
- Actively seeks out bugs and code efficiency gains.
- Provides testing and documentation to QA team.
- Evaluate business problems, enhancement requests, and bugs to come up with new and innovative solutions.
- Consults with various members of the technology team to ensure proper technical solutions are implemented.
- Provide application support during user testing sessions.
- Work with the DBA to enhance existing queries when necessary.
- Communicate statuses, issues, and progress to project managers regularly.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field preferred.
- ColdFusion and/or PHP experience preferred.
- Demonstrable database proficiency (MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server).
- Understands multi-tier system architecture.
- Ability to apply strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Communicate quickly and effectively with others.