Gogo’s worldwide inflight Wi-Fi services have made internet and video entertainment a regular part of flying. We are a diverse group of technologists, marketers, strategists, and any other function you can think of- all working together in extraordinary harmony. And that’s just the beginning.
The Development Tech Lead will be responsible for understanding a broad view of the Gogo airborne network, its interfaces to the ground and customer services, and evolving the software system architecture to best serve the business needs and road maps.
* Primarily responsible for the Airborne System Software design and development.
* Responsible for evolving and scaling the platform for any WAN technologies (ATG/ ATG4/ Ku/ 2Ku/ etc.)
* Responsible for delivery of application technology solutions and data information planning efforts.
* Able to develop and maintain scalable, modular, portable software for the Gogo Airborne Broadband System running on a target platform of Embedded Linux solutions.
* Perform technical design reviews, code reviews, and system test reviews.
* Define application scope and objectives and prepare the technical and/or design specifications from which software will be developed by a team of developers.
* Interface with the Systems Engineering & Architecture teams to understand and influence project requirements.
* Interface with the business teams to understand the services and revenue-generating plans.
* Interface with the operations teams to understand the challenges to keep the business running.
* Leads pertinent vendor evaluation and analysis.
* Bachelor’s degree in computer science, electrical engineering or related technology – advanced degree preferred.
* Hands-on experience of software development in an Embedded Linux environment and providing technical leadership of software teams.
* A minimum of 8-10 years of relevant experience in the telecommunications and/or networking industry preferred.
* Strong communication skills including technical documentation, written reports and proposals, development and delivery of presentations and the ability to listen to and communicate effectively with customers and vendors.
* Demonstrated ability to lead both on- and off-shore teams effectively.
* Demonstrated ability to work autonomously, yet cooperatively in a dynamic, matrixed environment.
* Strong experience and skill in Object Oriented Design and Implementation.
* Strong experience in Embedded Linux environments.
* Strong coding (Java, C, C++) and debugging skills.
* Strong knowledge of IP networking protocols and technologies.
* Experience with database and web technologies.
* Knowledge of Fault Management, Service Measurements, and Software System Performance would be a plus
* Experience with latest build environments (GitLabs, Jenkins, …) would be a plus.
* Experience with releasing products to FAA-regulated market would be a plus
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.