We serve the world by making food people love. As one of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills believes that food should make us better. Food brings us joy and nourishes our lives, connecting us to each other and the earth. General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Annie’s, Lara Bar, Yoplait and more.
We have an exciting opportunity to join the Web Hosting team to advance the web infrastructure operation toward the scalable and cloud ready vision through automation and DevOps.
The team member is responsible for managing the GMI web infrastructure on the Microsoft technology stack and providing application infrastructure support for global business functions. Primary responsibilities include operational excellence and future state improvement through automation and DevOps. This includes day-to-day support and configuration of Windows Servers, IIS configuration, F5 load balancers, diagnosing and isolating .Net and network issues.
* Evaluate new technologies and Vendors to shape the Next Generation Application Delivery and Hosting Platform
* Play a role in shaping the system architecture and ensure the stability and scalability of our internal systems
* Drive continuous improvement to supported applications, in areas such as monitoring, operational task automation, continuous integration, deployments and performance tuning
* Investigate and resolve complex and multi-faceted issues, spanning the entire technology stack,, which require working across teams and technology boundaries
* Proactively improve key metrics, such as up-time, application performance, time to issue resolution, time spent resolving incidents and other key operational SLAs
* 5+ years of experience in Web Infrastructure Support
* MS Windows Server 2008/2012 configuration
* Experience of working with Azure, Amazon AWS, Rackspace, or other leading Cloud provider
* Experience supporting MS IIS in an enterprise environment
* Understanding of Networking protocols and topography
* Strong understanding of firewalls, DNS, TCP/IP, HTTP
* .Net application support
* Experience with traffic load balancers such as F5’s
* Ability to manage multiple priorities in a dynamic environment
* At least one of the competencies below:
* Prior development experience on .Net Platform with ability to look into code for memory leak, performance tuning etc.
* Proven track record of automating medium to large scale workflows using PowerShell, Service Management Automation, or other Orchestrator
* Advance knowledge of Debugging tools like WinDBG, Debug Diag etc
* Passion in learning new technology and creatively solving challenging problems
* Team player, strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to work autonomously
* Demonstrate initiative in helping team, developing new solutions, and improving services.
* BA/BS or equivalent experience
* Experience Automating workflows on Azure
* Prior experience on Monitoring/APM tools like Dynatrace Pure Path, App Dynamic, SCOM-APM
* Experience with System Center – Service Management Automation, Chef or Puppet
Apply to General Mills (Senior Web Infrastructure Engineer)
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.