Fastly helps the world’s most popular digital businesses keep pace with their customer expectations by delivering fast, secure, and scalable online experiences. Businesses trust the Fastly edge cloud platform to accelerate the pace of technical innovation, mitigate evolving threats, and scale on demand.
The PMO provides support and guidance across the company with the primary focus being engineering and product organizations. Our primary mission is to provide visibility of the whole portfolio of our work to enable an informed prioritization of projects, and to highlight potential issues and conflicts. The PMO also looks to provide assistance, training and guidance on processes, tools and templates to the engineering and product teams in order to allow projects to be delivered on time, to budget, and to desired quality.
We are looking for a senior technical program manager to work across multiple simultaneous software projects and to assist in the development of our PMO. This role is a mix of strategic and tactical components, with a bias towards the former.
* Coordinate multiple projects simultaneously through servant leadership, including cross-team projects, often using varied project management techniques.
* Constantly monitor progress and communicate project status to all stakeholders via a number of methods (e.g. dashboards, metrics, burn-up charts, presentations, team meetings, emails etc)
* Proactively manage schedule and scope changes, identify potential risks, forecast completion dates, and create contingency plans.
* Oversee project planning and tracking, including working with team leads to define project scope and goals, identifying resources, and creating and managing project schedules.
* Provide consultancy to internal stakeholders on best practices and tool usage.
* Support and leadership for business process definition and improvement amongst other PMO members.
* 3-5 years experience as software project manager.
* Strong communication, problem-solving, and facilitation skills.
* Excellent analytical background, ideally with a technical focus (e.g. Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS).
* Experience working with distributed software teams.
* Process-oriented and detail-oriented yet comfortable with ambiguity.
* Knowledge of standard project management concepts and practices.
* Experience working with teams using with various Agile practices (XP, Kanban, Scrum). Prior experience as Scrum Master preferable.
* Preferred certifications: CSM, CSPO, PMP, PMI-ACP
* Experience and best-practice knowledge of JIRA or similar project management tools.
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.