As the U.S. subsidiary of a global pharmaceutical innovator, Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. draws on a rich heritage of innovation, integrity and accountability. While the success of our medicines speaks for itself, our corporate mission defines our vision and purpose:
To enrich quality of life around the world through the development of innovative pharmaceuticals.
This position offers a great opportunity to work as a sales representative in a dynamic environment that promotes career development and mobility.
The Hospital Representative is primarily responsible for developing and fostering long-term relationships with physicians, key thought leaders, hospitals, organized health systems and other applicable institutions in the assigned territory. This position is also responsible for securing formulary and stocking for promoted products. In addition, incumbents are expected to represent the Company in a highly professional and ethical manner.
* Achieves or exceeds sales objectives through education, fair and balanced promotion of product features (including benefit/risk profiles) of assigned products among physicians and other healthcare providers in designated territory, as well as, securing formulary and stocking for promoted products.
* Develops and fosters long-term relationships with physicians, key thought leaders, hospitals, organized health systems and other applicable institutions. Able to effectively communicate product approved indications and features and benefits to individuals and large groups. Serves as a disease state expert and provides a high level of product expertise and customer service for all assigned accounts.
* Utilizes sales force automation system and other tools to enhance impact of sales call and territory management. Appropriately uses this information to develop plans of action to address the individual needs of their physicians. Maintains a current key physicians target list, submits regular updates to the physician data warehouse and plans calls to meet frequency targets. Possess broad healthcare and industry market knowledge and business acumen.
* Attends and actively participates in all required meetings and training programs. Carries out in a legally compliant manner all sales and marketing programs, including occasional evening and weekend events, when approved.
* Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
* Minimum of 2 years pharmaceutical selling experience required.
* 3 or more years overall Business to Business and/or Industry Selling experience preferred.
* Experience selling in complex environments.
* Major institutional experience and local market knowledge preferred.
* Must have a valid driver’s license with a driving record that meets company requirements.
* Ability to travel up to 35%, to include overnight travel for meetings. Other travel as required by your territory.
* Ability to lift weights up to 30 lbs.
**Additional Skills Required**
* Proven track record of meeting or exceeding objectives and goals.
* Broad healthcare market business acumen and industry knowledge.
* Outstanding communication skills.
* Self-motivated, with attention to detail and possess an executive presence.
* Ability to shift course and change priorities with minimum impact to job responsibilities.
* Selling Skills: Demonstrated ability to provide solutions and change behavior in support of business goals and objectives.
Apply to Daiichi Sankyo (Hospital Representative - Madison WI)
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.