With broader and deeper capabilities than any other company, CBRE is the leading full-service real estate services and investment organization in the world.
The Financial Consulting Group (FCG) provides sophisticated financial underwriting and analytical services to investors and occupiers of real estate including Real Estate advisory companies, REITs, private investors, financial institutions, private companies and public corporations. The to-be-hired FCG financial analyst will be a part of the FCG team located in Dallas, TX and dedicated to CBRE’s top producing Industrial Investment Sale team. This hire will play a key role in supporting the team and its institutional clients, which will involve industrial-related assignments ranging from one-off asset sales to large portfolios.
Are you ready to join our team and play an integral role in the world’s largest commercial real estate services firm?
- Underwrite income-producing assets using Argus and Excel software.
- Analyze historical operating statements, budgets, leases and loan agreements.
- Understand current market conditions as a basis for financial underwriting assumptions.
- Review, analyze, comprehend, abstract and interpret various types of real estate documents.
- Identify critical property level financial issues and recommend areas for value-add opportunities.
- Gather and track critical financial data points for research and negotiation purposes.
- Prepare evaluations of properties and sensitivity analyses.
- Strategize with team members and clients to develop creative pricing alternatives.
- Present results of analyses in a formal client setting to audiences with a wide range of financial acumen.
- Direct communication between Capital Markets professionals, property managers, asset managers and principals to clarify inconsistencies found during the underwriting process and address other property specific issues during the sales process.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) in Real Estate, Finance, Accounting, or Economics from a four-year college or university is required.
- Strong understanding of financial terms and concepts necessary in real estate underwriting, including Discounted Cash Flow, IRR, NPV, Time Value of Money, Return on Equity, etc.
- Experience involving the valuation of income-producing properties is preferred.
- Hands on Argus DCF and/or Argus Enterprise experience preferred.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze and interpret various types of real estate documents, including leases, contracts, and financial statements.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills – ability to interact effectively and professionally with a wide variety of internal and external parties.
- Close attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and ability to multi-task.
- Intermediate-level skills with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Microsoft Excel.
- Solid organizational skills and ability to manage multiple assignments with changing priorities.
- Team player, strong work ethic and passion to work in the commercial real estate industry.
- Strong analytical skills, financial/math skills and a keen sense of numbers.
- Experience working with an executive level manager a plus.
- Texas Real Estate License required within six months of employment.
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.