We always knew there had to be a better way to buy used cars. One that would make the process easy and fun. So we created CarMax, and we've been changing the way America buys cars since we opened our first store in Richmond, Virginia in 1993.
The Service Operations Support Manager in Training is accountable for performing the job duties and responsibilities below, which primarily involve managing and leading associates.
* Manage and lead associates to achieve production targets, maintain and control inventory levels, and provide exceptional customer service.
* Communicate expectations and provide feedback to associates
* Participate and make recommendations in the screening/hiring and development of associates
* Maintain key performance measures
* Learn, participate and execute continuous improvement efforts
* Assist with the development and execution of production plans
* Ensure proper inventory levels of all materials and equipment including, but not limited to personal protective equipment, tools, and chemicals using the supply ordering system
* Provide support to sales, business office and purchasing teams when needed
* Ensure compliance with all aspects of risk management including the administration of loss prevention, facility maintenance, environmental, health, and safety guidelines
* Handle customer concerns in a quick, efficient, and friendly manner
* Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor
* Possess a minimum of 5 years management experience in a complex, fast paced environment
* Work through and manage a team to achieve production goals
* Read, interpret and transcribe data in order to maintain accurate records
* Demonstrate the ability to multi-task
* Ability to train out of market for 6 months required
* Ability to relocate within the region after training is required
* Speak and listen effectively in dealing with customers/associates, both in person and over the phone
* Demonstrate above average computer skills with a variety of common and proprietary software
* For Existing CarMax Associates: successful completion of MDP is required for internal candidates to be eligible to apply for this position.
* Combination of indoor and outdoor work environment; may include working in noisy situations and/or inclement weather conditions.
* Requires walking or standing for extended periods of time.
* Variety of work schedules with shifts that may include nights, weekends, holiday, and 12-hour days.
* Occasional travel to other work locations
* Follow all CarMax, state and federal policies, rules and regulations, including, but not limited to: O.S.H.A., and EPA, Personal Protective Equipment, proper waste disposal in required areas, attendance, Asset Protection, Integrity and Standards of Professional Appearance
* Satisfactory completion of MDP is required (applicable to internal CarMax associates only).
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.