Bsquare helps smart device makers worldwide bring high-quality products to market faster and less expensively. With their extensive engineering and licensing expertise, innovative software solutions and automated test tools, they can help you cost-effectively create smart devices customized to your specific requirements.
We are seeking a seasoned software developer to join our team of professionals in building the next generation of Decision Management Tools as they relate to the IoT. This is a unique opportunity to participate as a key member of a skilled and creative product development team in designing, developing and delivering our next generation products. Our IoT portfolio includes best-in-class Business Rules Management, Analytics, Simulation, and Optimization products. The Principle Software Engineering position will participate in all aspects of an iterative software development process and will take responsibility for refining and implementing functional requirements, doing detailed design, effort estimation, hands-on development, code reviews, testing, debugging, maintenance and support. You will participate not only as a key individual contributor, but also as a mentor and as a member of our development leadership team where you will help define our roadmap, architecture and process.
As a member of the Research and Development team, you will develop and enhance software and firmware for our IoT strategy.
* You will lead research and development to measure and enhance the scalability and performance of the product
* Generation of optimized rule logic from business rule representations
* Generation of Java code from the rule logic
* Parsing and compilation of rule logic
* Engines for runtime execution of rule logic with multiple execution algorithms
* Rule logic Verification
* Work on cutting edge technologies to convert device data into actionable insight
* Fully spectrum data management from the device all the way to the enterprise
* Understand, analyze and modify existing subsystems and work with large bodies of software code
* Participation in the architecture and design of the system
* Produce high quality code that conforms to the design and functional requirements.
* Provide support to other Engineers, Field Application Engineers/Technical Support staff in areas of expertise and domain knowledge
* Provides work estimates for development projects and reports status of projects to management.
* Improve and maintain new and existing functionality through the product lifecycle
* Work effectively in small (2-3 people) teams
* Work in a ‘startup-like’ environment with a tremendous amount of energy
* Knowledge of business rules engine technologies and new and current architectures
* Hands-on experience with web development using a Rules Engine and BPM system
* Experience with Apache Spark and/or Hadoop
* Working knowledge of the Spring framework
* Working knowledge of SOA a plus
* Demonstrates clarity of thinking to work through limited information and vague problem definitions
* Understanding of machine learning and big data analytics a very strong plus
* Ability and flexibility to juggle multiple projects and interact cross-functionally
* Effective written and verbal communication skills
* Experience in building scalable and highly available distributed systems
* Experience integrating with Microsoft Azure and/or AWS
* A BSEE, BSCE, or equivalent degree is required
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.