Blizzard Entertainment® is a premier developer and publisher of entertainment software. After establishing the Blizzard Entertainment label in 1994, the company quickly became one of the most popular and well-respected makers of computer games. By focusing on creating well-designed, highly enjoyable entertainment experiences, Blizzard Entertainment has maintained an unparalleled reputation for quality since its inception.
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented temp senior FX artist to assist our cinematics team in creating the next generation of our award-winning animated films.
You will work in partnership with modelers, animators, lighters, texture artists, and compositors to ensure shots are delivered to the highest standard. You must be skilled at providing simulations and systems that mimic real life phenomena such as smoke, fire, and water. You will also need to have strong art skills to help design and implement abstract magical and technological effects. Basic compositing skills will be required for FX slap-comps for review by the supervision team.
* A minimum of 5 years’ experience in producing feature film quality effects in Houdini, Maya, 3dsMax or other related packages (RayFire, RealFlow, Thinking Particles, FumeFX, etc.)
* A good understanding of physical dynamics and natural phenomena
* Extensive experience with particle systems, fluid dynamics, rigid body dynamics, and procedural systems
* Proven track record creating effects such as smoke, fire, clouds, water, steam, explosions, magic, etc.
* Experience with node-based compositing software such as Nuke
* Able to problem solve both technically and creatively in a collaborative environment with directors / art directors
* Able to stay current with the latest tools, technologies, and techniques
* Familiar with feature film level pipelines and their respective issues
* Experience with VEX or the RenderMan Shading Language
* Experience with C++ or Python
* A strong background with procedural tools and methodologies
Apply to Blizzard Entertainment (SENIOR FX ARTIST (TEMP))
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.