Founded in 1967, Balchem provides state-of-the-art solutions and the finest quality products for a range of industries worldwide. Our Company consists of four business segments: Human Nutrition & Health; Specialty Products; Animal Nutrition and Health and Industrial Products. Balchem employs approximately 1,000 people worldwide who are engaged in many diverse activities, developing our company into chosen market leadership positions.
Responsible for the general management of all materials within the Balchem SLC warehouse and out buildings. Performs various clerical and physical duties in preparation for receipt of raw materials and to prepare products for shipment. Performs material handling and in-house delivery services; loads and unloads trucks and maintains warehouse area in a sanitary condition, clean and organized. Performs all duties in accordance with SOP’s and all safety regulations and requirements.
* Receives materials and verifies that incoming shipments are correct by comparing items and quantities against bills of lading, purchase orders, manifests or related records; unloads material from trucks; inspect materials for damage; samples all raw materials as per SOP and delivers to QC department; marks receiving date on all materials, moves materials to storage area; delivers to production as requested after QC approval; delivers paperwork to the Office Coordinator and to the Quality Manager as needed. Receives the incoming PO’s into Chempax.
* Moves finished products from production to be stretch wrapped when required and stores in appropriate rack location. Keeps raw materials and finished goods organized and grouped. Upon receipt of customer orders, prepares product for shipment in accordance with instructions on order and using SOP for labeling and package preparation.
* Verifies that orders to be shipped are accurately filled by comparing items and quantities against shipping documents. Checks to ensure shipments are QC approved, properly packaged, labeled and documented. Loads and secures shipments into trucks, records specific information as requested. Fills out pick tickets. Prints packing lists, bills of lading and C of A’s for all customer orders. Turns in documentation to Office Coordinator when order has shipped.
* Performs material handling functions; stores and maintains finished goods and raw materials in the warehouse in designated locations and in a manner that ensures that oldest inventory is used first. Performs inventory cycle counts as directed by the Plant Manager.
* Fills out PO Requisitions on non-raw material items that pertain to the warehouse (shrink wrap, boxes, cardboard rolls, pallets, pallet trays, pallet covers, labels, etc.) and turns them into the Plant Manager for approval.
* Maintains warehouse cleanliness to comply with safety and sanitation regulations and requirements, specifically:
* Garbage – empties all garbage cans daily including the front office, lab, warehouse, production break room, and bathrooms.
* Orderliness – keeps the warehouse and the out buildings orderly and clean of all obstacles.
* Floors – scrubs the warehouse floor twice per week with automatic floor scrubber per SOP.
* Mopping – hand mops hard to reach places as needed.
* Responsible for routine facility and grounds maintenance - includes mowing the grass, weeding, fertilizing, and watering. Also responsible for shoveling snow in walkways and distributing ice melt as needed.
* Performs daily maintenance checks of fork lift using checklist.
* Prepares and submits raw material receipt log.
* Follows all safety policies and procedures including use of safety equipment (PPE) and equipment safeguards.
* Performs other related duties.
* High school level education or equivalent; minimum of one (1) year of shipping, receiving, warehousing experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
* Valid Utah driver’s license and experience driving a fork lift.
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.