Amtrak connect businesses and communities across the country and move America’s workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States.
Responsible for inspection, testing and maintenance of locomotives and rolling stock equipment in accordance with FRA and Amtrak standards and guidelines.
* Performs inspection, testing and maintenance in accordance with 49CFR regulations and Amtrak standards and guidelines.
* Responsible for mechanical repairs to drive systems, wheels/wheel sets (trucks), suspension and other components of the propulsion system
* Troubleshoots equipment to determine corrective actions and causes of equipment failures.
* Calibrates pressure switches and valves in compliance with 49CFR and Amtrak established standards.
* Maintains proper care and use of materials, test equipment, machines and hand tools normally associated with assigned job.
* Completion of technical school or apprenticeship program preferred.
* Experience in troubleshooting, repair, replacement or rebuilding mechanical equipment and systems
* Prefer welding and cutting experience
* Experience in the maintenance of railroad equipment preferred
* Knowledge of mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems
* Ability to read mechanical drawings
* Knowledge and skill in the use of electrical tools, equipment and the measurements necessary to meet established standards
* Some computer skills
* Ability to read, write and communicate proficiently
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.