As the first company to introduce linen and uniform rental services to the world in 1889, Alsco not only pioneered an industry, we created industry standards. Alsco also invented the continuous towel dispenser, pioneered the use of garment lockers, and continues to lead in the laundering and delivery of ready-to-wear uniforms for virtually every type of application imaginable.
The Route Relief/Utility RSR supports the Service Department in its objectives to meet our customers’ needs through up-selling/cross-selling and providing superior customer service. Main duties are to cover routes and perform service related tasks as required. Reports to the District Manager.
* Perform all responsibilities of a Route Sales Representative and related tasks.
* Learn and support all routes. Run routes as needed for holidays, vacations or other vacancies.
* When not on a route, assist in rush deliveries, renewals, audits, training and any other tasks assigned by supervision.
* Solicit new customers, up-sell/cross-sell/sample all lines of service or product and ensure a profitable product mix.
* Actively participate in promotions and contests, training and audits.
* Follow company policies/procedures regarding new customers, managing customer needs and all aspects of service.
* Ensure customer loyalty and outstanding customer service. Build relationships, communicate openly, educate customers and proactively resolve concerns in cooperation with supervision.
* Safely operate a delivery vehicle on each trip, following all applicable laws and company policy. Maintain vehicle cleanliness and perform regular vehicle inspections.
* Handle and process customer payments. Keep route paperwork current.
* Ensure timely and correct deliveries of complete textile loads, pick up soiled textiles and maintain proper inventories in accounts. Service items such as facility maintenance products.
* Monitor and report competitive activity. Keep service agreements current and renewed.
* Return from route and off load soiled textiles in the receiving area of facility.
* Accurately prepare route paperwork and follow check-in procedures.
* Follow written and verbal instructions and perform other tasks as directed by supervision.
* Support other service personnel as required by supervision.
* Have and maintain a valid Driver’s License, CDL when applicable.
* Maintain a driving record free of chargeable accidents, speeding, safety or other violations.
* Demonstrate excellent skills in the operation of vehicles and verifiable minimum one year experience of safe and successful driving.
* Demonstrate excellent skills in customer service and route sales.
* Excellent verbal/written communication skills in English, comprehend and follow direction and good time management skills and team player.
* Recognize colors, sizes and types of product and count, add and subtract accurately.
* High School graduation or similar experience. Qualified drivers license.
* Daily, by delivery vehicle within a route.
**Typical Environmental Conditions:**
* Operating vehicles on public roads, in and out of customer locations, loading areas of a typical industrial laundry facility, Service Center or depot.
* Indoor and outdoor areas of a typical industrial facility.
**Typical Physical Activity:**
* Physical Demands - sitting, grasping, driving stooping, kneeling, reaching overhead, moving carts up to 500 lbs., lifting up to 75 lbs, standing, walking, writing, speaking, hearing.
Apply to Alsco Inc. (Route Relief / Utility Driver)
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.