The Allstate Corporation is the largest publicly held personal lines property and casualty insurer in America, serving more than 16 million households nationwide. Founded in 1931, Allstate has been dedicated to protecting our customers from life's uncertainties and preparing them for the future for more than 80 years.
The quantitative analyst supports pricing of personal or commercial insurance lines of business utilizing accepted actuarial standards, methodologies, and knowledge gained through on the job training. They work closely with their Analytics Manager and State or Line Manager to develop appropriate pricing and product strategies to support business goals.
* Conducts reviews of rates for assigned states and product lines, analyzing profit and loss results, past and current trends, projecting underwriting losses and reviewing competitiveness of rates
* Completes detailed analyses, makes recommendations, and prepares rate package proposals for key business partners
* Supports the development/design of new plans, programs, processes and products
* Prepares internal and external communications, including interactions with regulatory authorities and management that will describe and support rules and rate changes
* Bachelor’s degree required – preferably in related field of study such as finance, math/applied math, statistics/applied statistics, economics
* Standard knowledge in the use of data sources and applications to conduct research
* Can analyze data and review analysis from others and identify and resolve basic data issues
* Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office:Intermediate – Excel, Intermediate – Word, Beginner – Outlook, Basic - PowerPoint
* Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to effectively collaborate with multi-disciplinary groups and all organizational levels
* High level organizational and project management skills in order to handle multiple concurrent assignments in a timely manner and to monitor processes throughout a team or department
* Strong decision making skills
* Works effectively in a team environment
Apply to Allstate Insurance Company (Quantitative Analyst)
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.