Akuna Capital is a proprietary trading firm specializing in derivatives market making and sophisticated modeling with a commitment to cutting edge financial technology. Akuna’s unmatched growth profile and non-client structure provides a unique place for innovation and opportunity in the home of proprietary trading – Chicago.
We are seeking a Trade Support Engineer to join our dynamic team at Akuna Capital. The Trade Support team is responsible for installing and managing production trading applications at both the desktop and server level. This is a role that will focus on supporting, managing, optimizing and troubleshooting the production trading environment.
* Work closely with Development, Trading and Infrastructure teams to troubleshoot issues, make continuous improvements, and configure the trading system
* Work on automating daily and repetitive tasks
* Create, update and improve continuous monitoring processes of the production trading environment
* Learn and adjust to ongoing changes within our proprietary trading system
* Support the release process to ensure that Akuna and its systems are upgraded properly
* Learn and support in-house and third-party software applications
* Provide in-office technical support to traders using our proprietary trading system
* Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in Information Systems, Systems, Computer Science, or similar field preferred, but not required
* Familiar with Linux, automation tools and not afraid of the command line
* Experience with Python, Bash, Databases structures and scripting techniques
* Ability to learn and apply new concepts quickly
* Understanding of the importance of risk & compliance procedures and controls
* Team player with the ability to build relationships with multiple teams
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Ability to make sound decisions in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
* Available to join an on-call rotation and work outside of core business hours or on weekends
* Trading industry experience a plus
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.