Akuna Capital is a proprietary trading firm specializing in derivatives market making and sophisticated modeling with a commitment to cutting edge financial technology. Akuna’s unmatched growth profile and non-client structure provides a unique place for innovation and opportunity in the home of proprietary trading – Chicago.
Akuna Capital is looking for mid-level and Senior Python Developers to join our growing development team and enhance our trading, position, and risk monitor systems! This person will work closely with some of our quants, developers, and traders on creating programs that generate new signals driving the trading systems, as well as rebuilding our existing systems to make them more flexible and scalable. This is a great opportunity for anyone that is looking to have ownership over new and exciting projects. This is a foundational piece of our infrastructure and the right applicant will bring an interest in writing clean and maintainable code, building large distributed systems.
* Data retrieval, processing, validation and modeling
* Take inputs from traders and generate trading signals
* Work with various data sources/ inputs using Python
* Experience of the full software development life cycle (requirements analysis, design, development, unit testing, execute and deployment, and post implementation support)
* 3+ years working with Python in a professional production environment
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science Engineering, Math or equivalent
* Must have strong writing and verbal communication skills and must be able to work in an agile development environment
* Proven ability to communicate with less technical users to understand requirements and implement appropriate solutions
* Exposure to trading and finance is an asset
Apply to Akuna Capital (Python Developer for Trading Infrastructure)
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.