Job Posting Details
At AGCO you have a voice and the opportunity to impact our long-term success, as well as your own. As a Fortune 300 company and one of the global leaders in agricultural equipment manufacturing, we have an extensive network of over 9,200 dealers and serve more than 140 countries.
AGCO is currently seeking a Technical Writer to join our team in Hesston, KS. The Technical Writer will mainly be responsible for producing operator manuals, service manuals and instruction sheets supporting AGCO marketed products. Additionally, the Technical Writer will collaborate the engineering department and other personnel to further understand product technologies and production methods.
* Author topic based content according to established standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, terminology and graphics.
* Review published materials and recommend revisions or changes in scope, format, and content
* Select photographs, drawings, sketches, diagrams, and charts to illustrate material
* Study drawings, specifications, virtual models and product samples to integrate and delineate technology, operating procedure, and production sequence and detail
* Interview technical service/support/training, production and engineering personnel and read journals and other material to become familiar with product technologies and production methods
* Observe production, developmental, and experimental activities to determine operating or servicing procedure and detail
**Education of the Technical Writer:**
* Bachelor’s degree in English, Communication, Automotive Equipment technology, Heavy Equipment technology or similar field
**Preferred Qualifications of the Technical Writer:**
* A minimum of 3 years of experience in the safe operation, servicing, and repair of equipment
* A minimum 1 year of experience servicing and repairing agricultural equipment
* A minimum 1 year of experience using the Adobe Illustrator
* A minimum 1 year of experience with XML/DITA or 2 years with structured content development with applications such as FrameMaker (+SGML)
* A minimum 1 year of experience with a Content Management Authoring System
* A minimum of 2 years of experience with Advanced Technology Systems
Compensation and Working Conditions
Additional Notes on Compensation
AGCO offers competitive benefits including options and choices to fit your needs such as medical, dental, prescription drug, life and accident insurance, long and short term disability, matching 401k plan, employee assistance program.
Note: Relocation assistance is available to the Hesston, KS area for this position.