adMarketplace is the largest independent search advertising marketplace. Named by Crain's as one of New York's fastest growing companies for two years running, adMarketplace delivers performance traffic to large, data-savvy marketers and their agencies.
At adMarketplace we create best of breed advertising technology using cutting edge microservice architectures with millisecond response times and crunch through terabytes of data every day. The ideal adMarketplace Lead Software Engineer is motivated designing for massive scale, developing for low latency and pushing the boundaries of using real time data in automated decisions. Our team uses cutting edge software, including Akka, Java 8, Scala, Kafka, Spark and more.
* Hands-on design and development of the following mission critical adMarketplace systems
* 24/7 low latency large scale distributed Ad Serving and Click Tracking platforms
* Reactive data streaming platform using Kafka and Spark streaming technologies
* Real time Conversion Tracking platform
* Lead and drive engineering projects from start to completion
* Mentor and manage a group of engineers
* This is a hands-on coding and management position on track to a promotion to Director of Engineering within 1 year.
* BS in Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline
* Must have 5+ years strong development experience using Java and/or Scala with Spring or another dependency injection framework and/or Akka
* Ability to design complete systems by collaborating with multiple teams and understanding testing, hardware and deployment methodologies
* Experience delivering and maintaining multiple complex, low latency, scalable, mission critical systems
* Strong knowledge of algorithmic complexity/simplicity tradeoffs and effective use of data structures
* Good understanding of low latency messaging and asynchronous design patterns
* Experience working in a Linux environment
* Must have strong leadership skills and experience managing and leading engineering teams
* Excellent communication skills, with technical and non-technical people
* Nice to have:
* Experience with AWS, Spark, Kafka, RabbitMQ, MySQL, Vertica, and Aerospike
* Experience with Python
* Understanding of basic Machine Learning algorithms such as Logistic regression and Random forest
* Is a plus:
* Experience in Digital Advertising or with Ad Technology Platforms
* Experience with project management or Jira
* Experience with CI/CD
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.