ABB is a global leader in power and automation technologies. Our solutions improve the efficiency, productivity and quality of our customers’ operations while minimizing environmental impact. Innovation is at the forefront of what we do and many of the technologies that drive modern society were pioneered by ABB.
We are currently seeking aSenior Automation Java DeveloperEngineer with 10 years of Experience with a minimum 5 yrs experience in Java, sikuli and testing.
* Design, develop, re-factor, review, maintain and tune server software with high quality and performance in mind.
* Strong documentation skills with great attention to detail
* Ability to work effectively with multiple teams at the same time and ability to effectively balance multiple tasks
* Has experience in carrying out root cause analysis.
* Take initiative to work with your team to resolve technical problems. Be pro-active in offering help to others.
* Thorough unit test of implementation; Review team members’ design and implementation.
* Suggest new ideas and new way of development as part of an overall environment of constant improvement.
* Advise management on risks that will impact schedule and quality of software.
* Fail fast when needed and learn from mistakes; prototype new features.
* Make your team meet its commitments through collaborative efforts on planning, design, coding, testing and growing our automated test suite to fulfill the done criteria.
* Proficient in review the code of other software developers, noting potential problems, and identifying recommendations for improvement
* Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Electrical and Computer Science with 10 years working experience in Utility Industry
* Experience in working on Network Manager ADMS and SCADA applications
* Must have a minimum of 5 years of Java software development experience creating and maintaining applications and/or frameworks.
* Experience in automated testing principles and experience in building automated tests (using tools such as Jenkins, TestNG).
* Design and implement extensions to current TFS, Quality Center, Jenkins, Git and Clear Quest connectors to enhance the integration with additional data and capabilities (Bi-directional updates)
* Experience with Unix shell scripting, use of persistent storage such as Oracle DBMS, PL/SQL
* Working knowledge of MyBatis
* Demonstrate a detailed knowledge of software development processes and standards (Agile Development, GUI standards, etc.)
* Working knowledge with one or more of the following an asset: VersionOne, PERL, XML, JSON, LDAP, ActiveMQ and Configuration Management.
* Experienced in multiple application platforms (Linux, Windows)
* Object oriented design and programming
* US Permanent Resident or US Citizenship is required for this position.
* Experience in HP ALM, Version One, TFS and CQ tools
* Ability to work under tight timelines and meet the deliverables
* Working Experience with Test Automation teams
* Experience in SQL, UNIX, JENKINS and XML
* Experience in testing XML message based systems such as MQ Series, Active MQ, TIBCO EMS
* An understanding or experience testing software for Electric Utility Distribution Systems a plus
* Experience working on cloud infrastructure platforms is desirable
Apply to ABB Enterprise Software (Senior Automation Java Developer)
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.