Founded in 2001, Zonar has pioneered smart fleet management technology by providing innovative technology that has changed fleet operations in the vocational, pupil and commercial trucking industries. With a unique focus on this field, the Company offers a complete suite of solutions and specialized platforms for our customers in multiple markets. Our patented, award-winning technology keeps fleet owners and managers connected to their fleets and drivers to dispatchers.
Systems Engineers at Zonar Systems are responsible for monitoring, maintaining, and deploying all internal and external facing services and systems. Our primary customers are Zonar’s developers and customers in the form of the production systems we operate. Systems Engineers at Zonar embody the same general principles and general skillsets that DevOps engineers maintain, but with a more significant focus on systems related knowledge and efforts.
* Review and analyze virtualization, server, storage, networking, and system effectiveness and efficiency in order to develop strategies for improving the operational overhead of maintaining those systems and implementing new designs or concepts for increased functionality and performance
* Collaborate with Engineering, Product Management, Operations, Quality Assurance, and other Customer Support organizations to ensure service availability and performance meets their needs and standards
* Participate in an on-call rotation for responding to incidents and other alerts which require manual intervention
* Research, design, and develop the next iteration of systems and technologies at Zonar to help us incrementally improve our environments and services
* Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other business groups to understand business needs and direction
* Mentor other staff on industry “good” practices and technical approach to service delivery
**What you will bring to the team**
* A firm understanding of both physical and virtual infrastructure (Cisco UCS and VMWare)
* Strong understanding of automation tools (ansible, puppet, and cobbler)
* Strong understanding of monitoring systems (icinga and nagios)
* Advanced knowledge in logging systems (Splunk and ExtraHop)
* Proficiency in scripting (Python, Perl, and bash)
* Understanding of Storage Area Network (NetApp)
* Network configuration and design (Juniper, Cisco, F5 Load balancing, VPN)
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to set goals, and achieve scheduled deadline
* Experience with Google Cloud or other cloud platforms desired
BS Computer Science degree, related degree, or equivalent industry experience
* 2+ years Linux System Administration
* 5+ years Linux System Engineer
* 5+ years running production IT/web operations
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.