ZeniMax creates and publishes original interactive entertainment content for consoles, the PC, and handheld/wireless devices. Its Bethesda Softworks division, founded in 1986 in the early days of the industry, has a long history of success as a publisher of award-winning video games. In addition, the ZeniMax group includes some of the most acclaimed development studios in the world.
Arkane Studios is looking for an Online Game Engineer to join our team in developing AAA games for PC and consoles. The successful candidate will have expert knowledge of and experience in the design, implementation and continuing support of large scale client/server applications using primarily C++. Extensive experience developing online games is required. The ideal candidate will be passionate about technology, have excellent problem solving skills and a desire to work in a creative and collaborative environment.
* Works with other engineers to architect and refine game systems and online features related to online games (client-server networking optimization, integration with backend services, data authority management, game persistence, etc…)
* Works with designers, artists and other personnel involved in the development of products as required
* Test and refine code and systems throughout the development cycle of the project
* Diagnose and fix live service issues
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
* Excellent C++ knowledge
* 5+ years professional software development experience writing client-server game applications
* At least one AAA title shipped as a contributing online engineer
* Experience with multithreaded programming
* Expertise with network programming and optimization
* Excellent analytical and mathematical skills
* Strong interpersonal skills and problem solving ability
* Writes clear, maintainable, portable code
* Accurately estimates his/her schedules and delivers high quality work products to that schedule
* Must be a self-motivated and energetic team player with a very strong work ethic and cooperative attitude
* A passion for gaming and a working knowledge of online products
* Experience developing for an online environment
* Experience with testing frameworks
* Experience optimizing code for memory and CPU utilization
* Experience in a “Live” environment (ongoing support of a product after launch)
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.