Xsell Resources specializes in the placement of contract, contract to direct and permanent IT professionals that include Project/Program Managers, Business Analysts, QA/Test, Developers/Programmers and Infrastructure professionals.
Our client is looking for an Infrastructure PM in Center City Philadelphia. This role is a contract opportunity with a starting time frame of 9 months. This role will be supporting a variety of projects and area of IT infrastructure.
* Develops, manages and continually optimizes detailed plans for cross functional projects, reflecting all task dependencies and critical path, and reports progress via Gantt/PERT/CPM charts.
* (Cost) Understands capital budgeting process, applies optimal estimating techniques, develops resource management plans and manages projects to budget including impacts to budget from change control items.
* (Quality) Develops quality metrics/plans and inspects/measures deliverables against quality standards.
* (Communication) Develops summary and detailed project progress reports, for both a technical and business audience, on a routine and/or ad-hoc basis as well as project marketing plans.
* (HR) Develops resource estimates/management plans and matches skill sets with deliverables to effectively coordinate work activities of business and IT resources.
* (Integration) Uses established methodologies to develop plans referencing all key planning input components and monitors work progress against plan to report, correct and track variances.
* (Procurement) Aware of available vendors, assists RFP development and issuance, understands standard terms/conditions/applicability of various contract types, reconciles vendor invoices against deliverables, provides feedback on vendor performance and resolves routine issues.
* (Risk) Develops and proactively manages detailed issues and risk management plans, reflects contingencies and related required efforts in schedules and routinely reports progress.
* (Scope) Uses established methodologies referencing all key scope planning input components to develop detailed scope management plans including a scope aligned WBS supported by change control procedures and conducts client walkthroughs to validate scope.
* (PMI PMP is required).
* Five to seven years of technical experience in infrastructure technology support.
* Five to seven years experience in IT project management.
* Knowledge and experience in all major functions, issues and considerations of the subject matter.
* Resource has experience in played a leadership role in establishing standards, policies strategy and best practice.
* Ability to discuss industry and marketplace trends and directions and site relevant case studies.
* Resource has had an influence on wide or high-impact decisions and initiatives and has a theoretical background and understanding of the subject matter.
* Capable of managing multiple and diverse projects simultaneously.
* Experience managing cross-functional projects/project teams.
Apply to XSell Resources (Infrastructure Project Manager)
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.