For generations, Whirlpool Corporation has been helping people make the most of time so they can focus on what really matters their families and their lives. “There is no right way to do a wrong thing” has guided everything we do, and for generations to come, we will sustain our commitment to make each experience an extraordinary one.
Whirlpool’s supply chain is involved with some significant changes, so this group is working with many exciting projects. The engineering group is called upon to help with multi-million dollar decisions, which requires reliable and accurate information. The person in this position will be a major contributor in the gathering and preparation of data, designing multiple networks within our various business units and generating insights for leadership.
* Work with cross-functional teams from many departments within and outside of Whirlpool’s Integrated Supply Chain Organization.
* Develop an understanding of Whirlpool’s current Supply Chain business processes and tools and help to shape its future.
* Provide insight and support for the development of cost effective systems and processes.
* Use Six Sigma and Lean techniques and tools.
* Manage and lead critical projects to successful completions.
* Use available tools and data to accurately model new Supply Chain concepts, systems, and processes.
* Driven/self-starter who can work independently
* Aptitude for, and an understanding of basic Supply Chain systems is important.
* Good computer skills for working with large amounts of data, including proficiency with MS Office tools and databases is essential.
* Experience with simulation and/or optimization techniques and software is a plus. Llamasoft Supply Chain Guru expertise is desirable.
* A working understanding of statistical methods and approaches is important.
* A good understanding of finance would be beneficial.
* Good project management and people leadership skills are important. Five or more years of experience is a plus.
* Communication skills with detailed technical tasks, written and verbal
* A bachelor degree in a technical field is required
* 2+ years experience in supply chain design or related field
* Database and modeling skills required – Excel, Access, SQL Server
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.