Volant is an equal partnership of exceptional traders, quantitative strategists, and technologists who seek out and share each others’ expertise every day as they collaborate toward a collective goal. Founded in 2006, our consistent track record of success is a testament to what can be accomplished when smart, motivated people from a variety of disciplines are given the opportunity to work together collegially.
Volant Execution Services is a new business unit at Volant Trading that provides execution services to external clients. Our next-generation trading platform pushes the bar on what an execution services business can offer and our technology-first approach makes us the fastest in the market and keeps the operating costs much lower than our competition. This focus on technology provides a lot of interesting and challenging problems to solve. While solving these problems, we work with our external clients, interact with the exchanges, and collaborate with our market making team to achieve an optimal solution that keeps our trading platform proudly ahead of the competition.
We keep the team small so you will be expected to handle more than what a similar position at a larger firm might require. You will primarily be focused on software development (e.g. coding, debugging, testing, documentation, SDLC, support), however, your responsibilities go beyond a typical dev job. Responsibilities can include client interfacing, sales, business, operations, marketing, and more. You don't have to excel beyond software development, but an ideal candidate must be comfortable and capable enough to fill in on these other responsibilities as needed. As you will be speaking with clients, excellent communication skills are mandatory.
* 2-5 years developing software in C++
* 2-5 years working on a Linux platform
* Proficient in a scripting language (e.g. Python, Perl)
* Comfortable with databases (e.g. MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL)
* Excellent English communication skills (verbal and written)
* BS in Computer Science or Engineering
**Not required, but desired:**
* 2-5 years working in an execution services business
* Familiar with the FIX protocol
* GUI development experience (web and/or application)
* Knowledge of options trading, OCC options markets, and option exchange microstructure
* Series 7 (this will be required shortly after starting)
Apply to Volant Trading (Software Engineer for Execution Services)
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.