Volant is an equal partnership of exceptional traders, quantitative strategists, and technologists who seek out and share each others’ expertise every day as they collaborate toward a collective goal. Founded in 2006, our consistent track record of success is a testament to what can be accomplished when smart, motivated people from a variety of disciplines are given the opportunity to work together collegially.
As a Senior Linux Administrator, you will be working alongside our traders and other engineers to come up with innovative solutions to the challenging problems we face daily.
* Design, develop, and implement advanced, enterprise class architectures in partnership with senior technologists and business leaders
* Direct support for servers, processes, and low-latency network
* Incident management and troubleshooting during production outages, including coordination and communication
* Support application development, including determining required patches, packages, permissions, software, etc.
* Coordinate with Network, Engineering, and other teams to ensure standards are maintained when systems are customized
* Recommend, design and implement systems management and automation solutions
* Design, configure and tune highly-available Linux systems
* Assist in implementing, executing, maintaining, and documenting proper DR and BC procedures
* Participate in deployments, upgrades and maintenance
* Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
* 5+ years of experience engineering and supporting Linux (RHEL/Ubuntu) in a large-scale environment
* The ideal candidate will have worked within the financial industry with a vigorous background in performance optimization
* Experience supporting researchers' development efforts, custom applications, etc.
* Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects with minimal supervision
* Demonstrated experience with advanced configurations such as high availability, clusters, virtualization, performance tuning, etc.
* Experience researching, evaluating, and supporting new technologies
* Experience with benchmarking and tuning for performance and/or building kernels
* Thorough understanding of networking protocols (TCP/UDP, OSI Model, etc.)
* Experience connecting Linux systems to enterprise storage, and understanding of appropriate use cases for SAN and NAS
* Strong scripting skills with experience in Perl, Python, PHP, Bash or other scripting languages
* Experience working with a configuration management system to implement infrastructure changes and updates (Salt, Ansible, Puppet, etc.)
* Apply for this job online
* Email this job to a friend
* Share on your newsfeed
Apply to Volant Trading (Senior Linux Administrator)
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.