Ventura Foods is a leading national manufacturer and marketer of branded and custom made shortenings, oils, dressings, sauces, margarines, culinary bases and pan coatings for the foodservice and retail industries. From East to West, Ventura keeps pace with the dynamic food marketplace by delivering high quality products at competitive prices.
Provide day to day Supervision for all operational activities related but not limited to: 1) Picking and loading of orders. 2) Receipt and unloading of inbound orders. 3) Warehousing and storage of stock. 4) Housekeeping and Sanitation. 5) Safety, Security and Quality Assurance for all work shifts in Distribution. Provide supervision for the daily efforts in receiving storing and shipping of all finished products. Provide operational support to Sales Coordinator and Inventory Control Supervisor to reconcile any customer complaints that originated out of the department. Responsible for the rearrangement of stock layout to best accommodate new product, consolidate existing product, and recommend improvements in stock layout which would provide the most efficient flow of work. Help coordinate, implement, teach and participate in safety program activities to prevent and or reduce accidents. Establish and maintain housekeeping and sanitation practices consistent with the requirements of Federal State and Local regulations. Conduct monthly inspections to ensure compliance. Assist the Manager in the evaluation of warehouse duties in areas of shipping, receiving, order selecting, and clerical and make recommendations to reduce non-productive effort in order to increase productivity. Select, hire, train, and appraise warehouse personnel to attain the highest standards of service and optimum productivity levels. Assure compliance with all published instructions and procedures related to warehousing matters through regular meetings to cover things such as Safety, GMP's etc. Responsible for inventory, reconciliation, ordering, and maintaining a reasonable working level of pallets to supply the plant. Oversee the scheduling of all inbound and outbound shipments, maintain logs and prepare documents as necessary.
* Associates degree in Logistics or Transportation field or related equivalent work experience.
* Warehouse supervisory experience of 6 to 10 years with a minimum of 4 years at a supervisory level in an equivalent size operation.
* Effective verbal and written communication skills.
* Working knowledge of computer systems, RE: Windows, Excel, Word, AS-400, RF locator system.
* Hands on working knowledge of Distribution, Warehousing and Transportation disciplines.
* Efficient planning and organization skills, cooperation and understanding of subordinates, effective at multi tasking and prioritizing.