Vanderbilt University Medical Center (VUMC) is a comprehensive healthcare facility dedicated to patient care, research, and biomedical education. Its reputation for excellence in each of these areas has made Vanderbilt a major patient referral center for the Mid-South.
We seek an experienced implementation scientist to join the Center for Clinical Quality and Implementation Research. The mission of the Center is to advance research on the quality, safety, value, and delivery of health care through scholarship, service, and education. The Center supports the evaluation of quality initiatives by providing assistance with study design, outcome assessment, and scientific writing for peer-reviewed publication. By offering education and collaboration in these areas, the Center provides an important resource for faculty, trainees, and others at Vanderbilt who are interested in evaluating the implementation of evidence-based strategies to improve care.
* Organize and lead interdisciplinary research teams consisting of faculty and staff from the Center, as well as collaborators from other departments and centers (20%)
* Develop protocols for quantitative and qualitative program evaluations, and supervise performance of these protocols (20%)
* Author scientific manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed journals (15%)
* Contribute to an Implementation Science curriculum, including the development of lectures and recommended readings (15%)
* Develop and maintain content in a resource library, including curriculum materials and examples of high-quality papers and grants (15%)
* Participate in writing scientific grants for extramural funding (15%)
* Job requires Bachelor's and 7 years of experience or the equivalent.
* Candidates with PhD training in health services research or the behavioral sciences, or experienced candidates with Master’s level training in Public Health, Health Administration, or a related field are strongly preferred.
* Experience in statistical analysis, program evaluation, and report writing is necessary.
* The ideal candidate will also have excellent written and verbal communication skills, organizational skills, and experience in quality assessment/improvement or implementation science.
Apply to Vanderbilt University Medical Center (Senior Research Specialist)
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.