Valero Energy Corporation, through its subsidiaries, is an international manufacturer and marketer of transportation fuels, petrochemical products and power. Valero subsidiaries employ approximately 10,000 people, and assets include 15 petroleum refineries with a combined throughput capacity of approximately 3 million barrels per day, 11 ethanol plants with a combined production capacity of 1.4 billion gallons per year, and a 50-megawatt wind farm.
* Welds according to Valero’s engineering specifications on plant process piping, equipment, and structural steel.
* Makes weld repairs according to Valero’s engineering specs on piping, valves, towers, tanks, exchangers, compressors, fin fans, furnaces, etc.
* Demonstrates knowledge of rig piping, machinery and equipment according to OSHA standards.
* Performs pipefitting work on piping (i.e. screwed and welded pipe).
* Demonstrates ability to interpret material safety data sheets (MSDSs), hazardous material identification system (HMIS), environmental safety and maintenance instructions.
* High school diploma or GED required.
* A minimum of two years of experience in each of the welding, pipefitting, boilermaking, and rigging crafts required.
* Oklahoma State Welding Certification required.
* Demonstrated ability in quality X-Ray welds on process piping using GTAW and SMAW welding procedures is required.
* Experience fabricating piping from CAD or Blueprint drawings required.
* Must be able to complete tests using approved welding procedures in accordance with A.S.M.E. Section IX, B 31.3 required.
* Ability to complete all tests in the 6G position required.
* Must be able to pass the following weld tests immediately: TP2-640, TP2-280, TP2-6XX, TP308-640 required.
* Must be able to pass the following weld tests within 180 days: TP MONEL-240 and Chromeweld required.
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.