Toptal is a network of the world’s top 3% of software engineering, design, and finance talent – available on demand to help companies accelerate, adapt, and scale. With $100+ million in annual revenue and triple-digit growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
The Toptal Core Team has scaled rapidly, and it is critical that Toptal’s cultural values of personal growth and mentorship and our remote work best practices remain strong throughout the organization. As the Learning & Development Specialist, your primary responsibility will be to ensure the successful on boarding of all new hires and the continued learning and development of all core team members.
* Ensure all new hires are successfully onboarded and properly set up for long-term success at the company.
* Coordinate between different team leaders to ensure all tasks related to the onboarding process are completed effectively.
* Manage a variety of technologies and trackers to ensure every step of new employee setup is completed flawlessly and on time.
* Develop learning tools, document onboarding processes and checklists, and evolve a variety of other forms of onboarding materials.
* Identify onboarding issues and work with the appropriate people to find long-term solutions.
* Build, enhance, and spread Toptal’s culture throughout all levels of the organization.
* Participate in weekly team meetings and strategy sessions.
* Communicate constantly with teams via Skype.
* You must be proactive and love interacting with others.
* You must equally love working with spreadsheets and maintaining trackers.
* Familiarity with Skype, Slack, Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Drive, and Google Sites is a must.
* You must be a self-starter with lots of initiative and creativity.
* You must have an exceptional ability to deal with multiple priorities.
* You must be flexible to accommodate onboarding needs in time zones around the world (i.e. 9 to 5 is not the norm).
* You need to be comfortable interacting with global teams, and you must always be an outstanding brand ambassador.
* Outstanding interpersonal and organizational skills.
* Ability to identify issues impeding team and individual growth and a sense for how to fix those problems.
* Experience creating onboarding materials and training documents that are professional and polished.
* You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal.
Apply to Toptal (Learning and Development Specialist)
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.