Time Inc. (NYSE:TIME) is a leading content company that engages over 150 million consumers every month through our portfolio of premium brands across platforms. By combining our distinctive content with our proprietary data and people-based targeting, we offer highly differentiated end-to-end solutions to marketers across the multimedia landscape.
Time Inc. is seeking a News Editor for TIME who will also work on its news desk with Fortune.com, Money.com and Time.com. The ideal candidate is self-starting, creative and enterprising, with an ability to work with reporters and editors of all experience levels to conceive and execute ideas for breaking news coverage.
* Run Fortune.com, Money.com and Time.com's breaking news coverage, including determining angles and stories to pursue, assigning reporters, and editing in a fast-paced, high-volume environment.
* Work with editors across Fortune, Money and Time's newsrooms to generate ideas and ensure that they provide the smartest, timeliest coverage possible on the web each day.
* Run Money, Fortune and Time's homepages, including selecting stories and writing display copy.
* 1-3 years minimum experience as an editor or 3+ years experience reporting on breaking news
* An interest in aggressively covering the news and finding new ways to tell stories and break scoops online.
* The ability to work in a highly collaborative newsroom, often under intense time pressure.
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.