Time Inc. (NYSE:TIME) is a leading content company that engages over 150 million consumers every month through our portfolio of premium brands across platforms. By combining our distinctive content with our proprietary data and people-based targeting, we offer highly differentiated end-to-end solutions to marketers across the multimedia landscape.
The Financial Analyst will assist with advertising pricing, rate negotiations, revenue/competitor analytics, month-end close accounting, budgeting and forecasting, in addition to performing ad hoc analyses as required for assigned categories/brands.
* Handle advertising pricing requests for unique ad units, including developing an understanding of ad revenue pricing and the print production process.
* Assist in managing/supporting the sales team, including print and digital revenue goal tracking, and rate analysis.
* Manage the weekly reporting schedule and send reports to senior management in a timely fashion.
* Perform ad hoc analyses as required, including pulling data from internal databases, creating reports in Excel, interpreting the results and communicating recommendations to management.
* Assist in the month-end accounting close, including updating financial models, investigating and reporting budget variances and creating journal entries.
* Assist in the development of the annual budget and monthly forecasts.
* Analytical: You bring one to two years of business experience in a finance/analytical role. You have strong quantitative and qualitative analytic skills and are Excel-savvy, being able to handle formulas, pivot tables, etc.
* Communicative: You possess strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills. You're skilled at interacting with all levels of personnel and management. You also bring strong attention to detail and accuracy and are driven to deliver timely and accurate work product.
* Organized: You have a great ability to work under pressure, prioritize responsibilities on multiple projects simultaneously and work independently to meet tight deadlines. You're comfortable working with incomplete information and able to adapt to changing priorities.