Time Inc. (NYSE:TIME) is a leading content company that engages over 150 million consumers every month through our portfolio of premium brands across platforms. By combining our distinctive content with our proprietary data and people-based targeting, we offer highly differentiated end-to-end solutions to marketers across the multimedia landscape.
Cooking Light is recruiting a highly motivated Art Director with a passion for food photography and design to work in our Birmingham, Alabama office. Reporting to the Creative Director, the Art Director is responsible for art directing photography on location and in the new state-of-the art Time Inc. Food Studios. The Art Director will also commission and oversee illustration and package and design stories, while maintaining the overall design quality and integrity of our print and digital platforms— from design to production.
* Conceptualize, plan and art direct feature and FOB photo shoots
* Design innovative, dynamic features and special packages
* Guide assigned stories through the entire design/production process
* Assign photography and illustration to consistent high standards
* Collaborate with editors on story concepts and the integration of editorial content and design
* Work with the Creative Director to manage and mentor designers. Serve as a first line of approval for their work.
* Minimum of six years of editorial design experience
* Expert-level skills in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
* Strong typography skills
* Experience in assigning and producing food photography
* Experience in assigning illustrations and hand-lettering
* Ability to juggle multiple projects and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment without sacrificing quality
* Strong leadership and communication skills, a detail-oriented approach, consistent execution and overall reliability
* A love for complex and layered magazine design as you will be working primarily on large feature packages
* A passion for what you do; your enthusiasm for your work is contagious
* Clear communication skills, a detail-oriented approach, consistent execution and overall reliability
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.