The Navigators Group, Inc. is an international specialty insurance holding company with insurance company operations, underwriting management companies and operations at Lloyd’s. With its corporate headquarters in Connecticut and insurance operations based in New York and London, Navigators has offices in major insurance centers in the United States, the United Kingdom and Continental Europe, as well as representatives in China and Brazil.
This position will provide supervision to Operations Staff and manage daily workflow for the Operations Service Center. Primary duties include workload management; ensure adherence to workflows as established and execution of Management Objectives. The purpose of this position is to oversee the daily operations of the support unit while working closely with the Operations managers and staff as well as underwriting departments to support profitable growth and developing a team atmosphere. The ideal candidate for this position will have Insurance experience as well as prior experience supervising an Operational unit. He/she works with an assigned team and provides support to members of the underwriting community in the areas of underwriting operations and procedures.
* Responsible for ensuring that the Operations Service Center staff meets all service levels for submission and clearance and filing and indexing endorsements.
* As a key person in the development of the OSC, assist in the transfer of tasks and responsibilities from branch offices to the OSC.
* Review results and monitor all activity reporting results weekly to management and reporting results monthly to individual employees.
* Design and develop staffing models to support staffing requests.
* Interact with branch Operations staff, Operations managers and Underwriting to obtain information or inform them of status or changes; provide customer service.
* Manage discretionary expense account within company guidelines subject to management approval.
* Travel domestically as approved.
* Document and maintain standardized Departmental procedures
* Maintain minimum accuracy and volume standards
* Aide in training and development of Junior Operations staff as required including Quality reviews
* Work closely with Operations Managers for the expedition of the workflow, timely processing, production and business development.
* Works closely with Management to develop staff.
* Other Duties as required.
* Bachelor's Degree.
* Minimum 4 years of experience working in a supervisory capacity.
* Previous working in insurance required.
* Advanced Microsoft Office Skills.
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
Apply to The Navigators Group (Team Leader for Operations Service Center)
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.