The Fresh Market, Inc. is a high-growth specialty retailer focused on creating an extraordinary food shopping experience for its customers. Since opening its first store in 1982, The Fresh Market has offered high-quality food products, with an emphasis on fresh, premium perishables and an uncompromising commitment to customer service. The Fresh Market currently operates over 170 stores in 27 states, located primarily in the Southeast, Midwest, Mid-Atlantic and Northeast.
As a Grocery Clerk with The Fresh Market you will be responsible for working closely with the Store Manager, Assistant Store Managers, Grocery Department Manager/Specialist in order to create The Fresh Market environment and ensure the success of the store and Grocery Department through excellent customer service and a demonstrated passion for food. The Grocery Clerk will actively engage and educate customers about The Fresh Market’s Grocery products and demonstrate a high level of customer delight. Excellent communication, multitasking and self-motivation skills are essential to success at The Fresh Market. Successful Grocery Clerks also demonstrate a high level of integrity with department products, employees, vendors, and our customers.
* Demonstrate the ability to provide outstanding customer delight in an environment focused on sales.
* Establish and maintain a positive work environment, which encourages an exceptionally high level of Team Member morale. Focusing the employees on creating an environment built on team work and inspiring a “one team” mentality.
* Maintain the cleanliness of the department following the cleaning checklist and tasks assigned by the Grocery Department Manager/Specialist and Store Management.
* Monitor the cases to ensure the highest quality products and services are available.
* Set and achieve the highest standards in retail execution focusing on maximizing sales and gross profit.
* Quality and safety duties include receiving, inspecting and storing products to ensure quality, following proper cleaning and sanitation procedures, operating equipment in a safe and focused manner while tracking date and rotation of products and completing any necessary reports.
* Follow all company guidelines and procedures, to include but not limited to, safety and sanitation
* Demonstrate the ability to be organized, to work independently and with the team to provide the highest quality shopping experience, while maintaining product assortment to drive sales.
* Demonstrate advanced product knowledge; maintain awareness of new products and educate employees and customers on products offered.
* Maintain proper product assortment, merchandising and product quality on the sales floor and following rotation standards when filling items.
* Maintain and champion regular sampling and engagement in the Grocery Department
* Offer daily feedback to the Grocery Department Manager or specialist and Store Management about the Department and employee experience.
* Customer service duties include greeting, educating and informing customers about products and preparation while providing overall exceptional service to ensure a positive and lasting customer impression.
* Follow routines established to ensure products are in stock and back stock is maintained neatly.
* Demonstrated level of empowerment to solve customer complaints and develop employees to do the same.
The Fresh Market prefers previous experience in the food, grocery, Grocery, or retail industry. The Fresh Market requires basic math skills. A working knowledge of customer service is preferred. The Fresh Market will require demonstrated strong merchandising and multi-tasking skills. Candidates should be highly motivated with a sense of urgency and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment at all times with all levels of employees. Demonstrated excellent people skills are required for all positions within The Fresh Market.
**Physical Capabilities/Job Demands**
* Continuously (67%-100% of the work shift)
* Frequently (34%-66% of the work shift)
* Lift 0-20 lbs.
* Carry 0-10 lbs.
* Bend, Reach, Push, Pull and repetitive use of hands
* Occasionally (Up to 33% of the work shift)
* Lift 21-Over 50 lbs.
* Carry 11-20 lbs.
* Squat, Climb and Balance
* Physically present at the workplace/store and in strict adherence to the Company’s attendance and punctuality requirements
* The ability, open availability, and willingness to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the store are required, including, but not limited to, weekend, day, evening, and overnight and holiday work, as needed to meet the demands of the store.
* Exposure to extreme temperatures (coolers, ovens, freezer, outdoors, etc.)
* Minimum age for employment is 18
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.