Founded in 2007, Tanium invented a fundamentally new approach to security and systems management. Recognized as the "Usain Bolt of cybersecurity," it's no surprise the world’s largest enterprises and government organizations rely on Tanium to secure, control, and manage the hundreds of thousands of endpoints that comprise their networks effectively; and at unprecedented speed, no matter the size.
As a Tanium User Experience Designer, you will be tasked with designing best-of-breed products as part of a small and highly agile design and development team. Tanium focuses on a strong customer engagement model and feedback process to ensure our products are designed the right way from the beginning. When new products ideas are identified, user experience designers are responsible for iterating and designing the products from the ground up, while continuously iterating with product management, engineering and customers for feedback and input. We are looking for an experienced User Experience Designer with a proven record of delivering elegant solutions which address our customers’ most challenging business problems and opportunities. The best candidate will have several years of experience collaborating effectively with Product Management and Engineering in agile and lean delivery methodologies.
* Work with other UX designers, engineers and product managers to understand user’s needs and behaviors
* Define the user model, interactions and user interface for new and existing Tanium products and features
* Develop high level and/or detailed storyboards, mockups and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
* Work closely with product development and engineering teams from initial idea to full delivery of product or features
Bachelor’s Degree in User Experience Design, Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Experimental Psychology, Cognitive Science or related discipline, or equivalent experience required
* Experience solving complex design problems for Web interactions or software solutions required
* Demonstrated ability to create low and high fidelity mockups and/or prototypes required
* Expert in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator or related applications like Sketch or Omnigraffle required
* At least 5 years experience solving complex user experience problems preferred
* Experienced in user research, persona creation or similar things preferred
* Ability to generate basic HTML and CSS preferred
* Experience in enterprise software preferred
* Understanding of basic web software required
* Expert understanding of design principles and their application preferred
* Written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to articulate alternative approaches required
* Portfolio and work samples including user-centered design skills preferred
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.