Relentlessly protect the world’s information. Make a difference at Symantec. Across the globe, we are an ‘essential’ partner to both consumers and businesses of all sizes. We combine our talents, our brains, and our creative energy to reinforce our place as a world-class technical community.
Symantec is seeking a Senior Manager, Social Media to develop and oversee the global social media strategy, including company-wide programs, tools and infrastructure, employee training, governance and policy and management of the company’s corporate social media properties. Must excel at working quickly in a matrixed, fast-moving environment. This individual will be required to collaborate with senior leaders in web marketing, PR, campaigns, internal communications, brand and product marketing, as well as regional leadership to establish successful social media activities that help Symantec meet its business goals. This position reports into the Senior Director, Corporate Communications
* Build and execute a world-class social media strategy that engages, drives conversation and strengthens relationships with target audiences.
* Act as the primary internal champion for social media and ensures integration and governance into all aspects of Symantec’s marketing organization and key business functions.
* Oversee set and communicate standards, guidelines and policy to encourage employee participation in the social media programs.
* Work closely with regional and country counterparts to assist in execution of campaigns and serve as primary liaison to the corporate social media team.
* Partner with leaders across marketing to create innovative social media campaigns and community centric/first campaigns for the social media channels to ensure Symantec’s digital channels are best-in-class.
* Develop a strategy for an influencer program to build strong social relationships with key influencers.
* Work with brand, campaigns and digital marketing teams to develop strategic content and paid media strategy to increase Symantec's thought leadership and brand awareness.
* Help establish standards for measurement, tools and analytics and reporting. Create and manage reporting and the social insights program.
* Manage and advise on vendors, tools and platforms as necessary
* 7 to 10 years’ experience in marketing or communications delivering smart and effective content-led strategies at a senior level – preferably in a global organization; agency or consulting background a strong plus.
* At least 5 years of experience overseeing the development of websites as well as other digital properties and channels.
* At least 4 years of senior-level experience overseeing social strategy, marketing and implementation.
* Bachelor’s degree, graduate degree in related field; preferred.
* Excellent executive presence and communications skills.
* Agency and corporate PR and/or social media experience.
* Superior project management and organizational skills.
* Self-motivated and able to execute with limited oversight.
* Able to act as a diplomatic change agent in a highly fluid and ever-changing environment.
* Able to lead and deliver results- by setting clear priorities and focus on outcomes and impact rather than inputs.
* Proven experience building and maintaining positive relationships with key stakeholders excellent problem-solving skills and decision-making judgment.
Apply to Symantec (Senior Manager in Social Media)
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.