At Stein Mart®, our buyers are constantly searching the market for the newest and most popular brand name fashion for you and your home. We hunt for surprising finds by up-and-coming designers and one-of-a-kind boutique pieces not found at any other store, and offer it all at incredibly low prices.
Stein Mart is currently seeking a fun, fashionable and friendly person to join our Store Team as a Service Associate. We are looking for someone to provide superior customer service, operate cash registers to complete customer transactions, display merchandise and maintain a clean shopping area to maximize store appeal and assist in the Receiving department.
* Welcome customers and answer customer questions regarding products and services.
* Help customers make buying decisions.
* Operate cash registers to complete customer transactions.
* Display merchandise and maintain a clean shopping area to maximize store appeal.
* Assist in the receiving and of new merchandise from vendors.
* Prepare merchandise for the selling floor.
* Assist in minimizing loss of company assets.
* Contribute to team efforts.
* Prior retail or customer service experience
* Demonstrated ability to read, write and count;
* Effective oral communication skills.
* Demonstrated strong customer centered focus and interest working with people.
* Willingness and ability to interact and cooperate in working with others.
* Detail oriented
* Exercise initiative, follows-through and completes tasks.
* Light physical effort required; Sitting, standing and walking will constitute 95% of a work shift; Kneeling and lifting various merchandise contents weighing 20lbs.
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.